What is BennyBot?
BennyBot is an inexpensive robotics development kit for use in the classroom and at home. The development board has everything you need to assemble a robot in minutes and start programming it. It's a fun and easy way to get into robotics and programming logic.
BennyBot Board + Motors + Chassis + Batteries = Working Robot that can be programmed and even controlled via bluetooth.
- According to WEF Report (2014-1025), South Africa ranks last out of 144 countries for the quality of Science and Mathematics Education.
- Sub-Saharan Africa needs 2.5 million more engineers to “address the continent’s gravest development problems”
Existing electronic/robotics options are
- Expensive (mostly because they need to be imported). This means that most schools can only afford one or two kits (if they can afford it all). This means less hands-on experience for students to experiment and learn.
- Don't have local support or aren't catered for local curriculum
- Requires various shields just to build a basic robot that can be programmed
Current Project Status
- Hardware is designed, built and tested
- Software is in testing phase, but also working
- We are currently working on the documentation side especially tutorials for learners and parents and Course Information (For Teachers)
Welcome to the BennyBot wiki. Here you will find all relevant information to get started with your own DIY robot using the BennyBot Controller :)